Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"That's not me, that's Rupert Holmes!"

Well a little about me: I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain, the feel of the ocean, and the taste of champagne. Wait, that's not me, that's Rupert Holmes.

I'm a fun, happy, creative guy who lives in Lake Worth with my wife, our 7 year old boxer and our daughter (well she is due 06/08 but I’m still going to count her cause this is my blog) and we really love living in South FL.

What’s new? We’re having a baby!! That’s what’s new! The fact that the NY Giants have taken their third Lombardi trophy was huge for me in 2008, but nothing close to the fact that soon, I will be someone’s father!

A few months ago we had a doctor’s appointment where we did the ultrasound that confirmed the sex of the baby. The Ultrasound lady poked and prodded my wife, all the while, staring at some blobs and flashes of light on the screen, and then all of a sudden she blurted out, "It's a Girl"! Somewhere in Atlanta, my sister in law smiled ear to ear. I asked the Ultrasound lady, "How do you know?" and she said, "Because I saw the 3 lines". All I could think of at that moment was “3 lines means girl?

She printed us out a picture of what she says is proof of a girl with an arrow and the label “girl parts”. But I've got to tell you, the ultrasound looks like one of those mall posters where if you stare at it long enough and kind of unfocus your eyes, a boat or something pops out at you in 3D... I'm just not getting it.

There's a lot of people that ask me if was disappointed when we found out that we were having a girl, which is insane, because it couldn't be further from what I'm feeling. Before we even started trying to have a baby and someone would ask me what I wanted, I'd say either: "a healthy child" or “10 fingers & 10 toes”. That was true then, and it’s just as true now. I have to say though with all honesty, that if making a baby were like choosing candy from a vending machine, it would have been a boy. Simply, in my mind, a boy is just the easiest route. But, in less than 3 months, I'm going to be the proud parent of a little baby girl. I won't love her any less or be disappointed that she is not a boy. However, the thought of raising a girl is scaring the crap out of me. I sure hope she likes the NY Giants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be a great parent - just hang in there, there are ups and downs to both. :-)