Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The perfect ring

I have recently gotten engaged, but the sad news is I still have not found my perfect diamond ring. As a gemologist, I have heard one too many times that I would hate to be the person who has to buy you a ring (God, I hated people saying that), but now I have to agree.

The pressure to find the perfect ring is amazing. I put it all on myself of course, this pressure, but it is there all the same. I just have to keep reminding myself that the ring will be perfect as long as I find it so.

I feel like everyone else, that I want something that is unique and different, and I have the ability to create it myself with my resources, so why shouldn’t I.

I started with shape, now that was hard, then style of ring, again very hard. Then finally it came to me, a colored diamond; but not any colored diamond a environmentally friendly conflict free diamond, that when wearing I know I am giving back to society not only in beauty but in keeping our earth safe for my children and my children’s children.

So with that decision made I had to find this glorious diamond, and surfing the web I did. Jewelnet.com offered me all the amazing colors and shapes within reach, to say the least I was very happy.

Now I am sure you all want to know what I have chosen, baited breath and all that, but guess what; I am going to keep you in suspense until that day the ring is on my finger and I am walking down the isle with my husband, let’s just call him Mr. Big!

Stay tuned.

No comments: